Internationalisation in education
Uppsala University aims to offer educational programmes of the highest national and international quality and to give all students the opportunity to acquire first-class knowledge in their subject area as well as general academic skills.
- Develop an international dimension that contributes to the quality of educational programmes
- Recruit students from all over the world and educate for a global labour market
- Pursue world-leading doctoral education to shape tomorrow’s society
- Create an open and inclusive study environment and safe study conditions
Knowledge that knows no borders
- Uppsala University offers a number of Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes in English. These programmes are open to students from around the world. There are also freestanding courses for students to take.
- The University collaborates with a number of agents around the world to recruit students.
- Uppsala University has more than 400 exchange agreements for students, researchers and staff with universities in all continents – except Antarctica. Find out more about how the University works with outgoing and incoming exchange students.
- Our exchange activities are funded by the EU framework programme Erasmus+ and the Nordic Council of Ministers’ programme Nordplus.
- Within the Erasmus programme there are scholarships for internships at companies, organisations and other universities in Europe. Find out more about how international placement through the Erasmus+ programme works.
- 1,600 incoming exchange students (2016)
- 1,000 outgoing exchange students (2016)
- 450 student exchange agreements
- 50 Master’s programmes in English
- 4 Bachelor’s programmes in English