Four Doctoral Positions in Political Science
Sort on published: 2017-12-12
Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to interact constructively with society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has 42,000 students, 7,000 employees and a turnover of SEK 6.7 billion.
The Department of Government in Uppsala provides a vibrant and internationally successful research environment. With approximately 60 faculty members and 40 PhD-students, we are recognized as one of the leading political science departments in the Nordic region.
Accepted applicants will be employed as full time, salaried, doctoral students, in accordance with the local agreement in force. Employed doctoral students must primarily devote their time to their own doctoral research. Other departmental duties may also be included in the position, such as, teaching or administrative tasks, but no more than 20%. A requirement for employment as a doctoral student is that the applicant must have been admitted to doctoral studies. Employment of doctoral students and admittance to doctoral studies are regulated in the Higher Education Ordinance, and in regulations issued by Uppsala University http://regler.uu.se/.
The application should contain the following:
- The filled out application form, available at http://uadm.uu.se/digitalAssets/81/81624_ansokan_forskarniva_eng.pdf
- A cover letter. The letter should 1) contain a brief statement of intent (max 500 words), i.e. the applicant’s motives for applying. 2) Give a brief description of the documents submitted, please list them. 3) Indicate which piece of submitted academic work the applicant wants the committee to prioritize.
- A maximum of two examples of the applicant’s research production (thesis, articles, reports or other texts of high scientific standard etc.).
- A reflection on the applicant’s prior research where he/she discusses its main strengths and weaknesses, theoretical and methodological challenges and choices, and the societal relevance of the work. (max. 1000 words)
- Certified transcripts of academic records (to demonstrate qualification for admission).
- Certification of competence in Swedish and/or English (for applicants without a degree from a Swedish university), for more information please see http://www.statsvet.uu.se
Before submitting an application, applicants should ensure that they fulfil the general and special qualifications for admission into the PhD program in political science. For the requirements and for further information please see http://www.statsvet.uu.se.
Uppsala University strives to be an inclusive workplace that promotes equal opportunities and attracts qualified candidates who can contribute to the University’s excellence and diversity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people of all backgrounds.
Salary: According to local agreement for PhD students and teaching assistants.
Starting date: 01-09-2018.
Type of position: Full time position.
For further information please contact:
The Director of the PhD program Associate Professor Helena Wockelberg, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application by 22 January 2018, UFV-PA 2017/4748.
Are you considering moving to Sweden to work at Uppsala University? If so, you will find a lot of information about working and living in Sweden at www.uu.se/joinus. You are also welcome to contact International Faculty and Staff Services at email@example.com.
We decline offers of recruitment and advertising help. We only accept the application the way described in the advertisement.
Placement: Department of Government
Type of employment: Full time , Temporary position longer than 6 months
Pay: Fixed salary
Number of positions: 4
Working hours: 100 %
County: Uppsala län
Ellena Papaioannou, Seko
Per Sundman, Saco-rådet 018-471 1485
Suzanne Borén Andersson, TCO/ST 018-471 6251
Number of reference: UFV-PA 2017/4748
Last application date: 2018-01-22