Most of our courses taught in English are only available for Master’s students or formal exchange students. We do have a limited number of courses taught in English that are open to all students who fulfil the requirements specified for each course. These courses are listed below.
The same application procedures apply to both programmes and courses at Uppsala University. Students apply online through the national central application system, www.universityadmissions.se, where you find information about how to apply.
Summer courses 2018
Application deadline 15 March, 2018
- Innovation Game: A Summer School Applying Serious Game Design in Health Care and Education
- International Summer School in Synthetic Biology
- Nature and Environment on Gotland
- Swedish Nature
Distance education courses 2018/2019
Application deadline 16 April and 15 October, 2018
Uppsala University offers a limited number of courses taught in English as distance education with application deadline 16 April and/or 15 October, 2018. Following courses are given the academic year 2018/2019:
Medicine and pharmacy
- Applied Pharmaceutical Bioinformatics
- Applied Pharmaceutical Structural Bioinformatics
- Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance
- Pharmaceutical Bioinformatics
- Preclinical Safety Assessment and Pharmacovigilance
Science and technology
- Decision Analysis in Energy Planning with Focus on Wind Power
- Energy and Environment
- Wind Energy Calculations
- Wind Power – Bachelor’s Thesis in Wind Power Project Management
- Wind Power Basics
- Wind Power Installation, Operations and Maintenance
- Wind Power Planning and Economics
- Wind Power Planning and Permission
- Wind Power Project Development
- Wind Power System and Grid Integration
- Wind Resources
- Wind Turbine Technology
All freestanding courses
See all our freestanding courses at Uppsala University and use the search engine filters to find additional courses taught in English. However, it is important to note that apart from the courses listed above, students must apply to freestanding courses through the Swedish online application system antagning.se.
After the application deadlines the application to Uppsala University’s courses closes. If there are spaces left in the courses and programmes, they will open for late application on 13 July and 15 December respectively, after the first notification of admission. Late applications are handled in the order they are submitted, and as time permits.
Different Admission Rounds
The January/August admission round gives students the time they need to pay their tuition fees, apply for and be granted a Swedish residence permit (if required), find housing, etc. before commencing their studies at Uppsala University.
The April/October admission round gives students less time to organise their relocation to Sweden and is only recommended for students from EU/EEA countries as they are not required to obtain a Swedish residence permit. Non-EU/EEA students will most likely not have enough time to obtain their permit before the start of the semester.
If you are an exchange student different application procedures apply. To find out about the courses offered for exchange students and how to apply, please view the information for exchange agreements.