For the international application round, most Master's programmes require you to apply through the national applications system run by University Admissions in Sweden. It is only possible to submit an application during the following application rounds.
Follow this step-by-step guide to ensure you submit a complete application.
Step 1: find your Master's programme
Check the list of Master's programmes on our website to find the Master's programme you would like to study!
Step 2: Apply online
- Check you meet the general entry requirements for all Master's programmes.
- Check you meet the programme-specific entry requirements. To check the specific requirements, click on the Master's programme you are interested in and read the information under the section “Application and Requirements”.
- Start your application: create an account on the University Admissions in Sweden website.
- Rank your programme choices in order of preference and submit them before the application deadline on 15 January 2019.
How your rank your programme choices is very important. Read how to rank your preferences on www.universityadmissions.se.
Step 3: submit your documents
The deadline for submitting all supporting documents is 1 February 2019.
- Read about how to document your eligibility for studies and how to submit your supporting documents at www.universityadmissions.se.
- There are a number of country-specific rules for submitting academic documents. Check the information specific to your country.
- Prepare and submit your supporting documents: official transcripts, diploma, proof of expected graduation, passport and proof of English proficiency.
- Prepare and submit your programme-specific supporting documents (statement of purpose, CV, letters of recommendation). To find out which programme-specific documents you need to submit, view the section “Application and Requirements” on each Master's programme webpage.
Don't miss the deadline!
If you do not submit all of your supporting documents in time your application will be considered late and will make you ineligible for scholarships.
Step 4: pay the application fee
If you are required to pay tuition fees, you should pay the application fee to University Admissions in Sweden before 1 February 2019.
Applying to courses within a programme
If you are a current student in a Master's programme at Uppsala University, you may be required to apply for courses through www.universityadmissions.se. Your programme coordinator will inform you about the process for applying for courses within your specific programme, as they can differ greatly between departments. Instructions for applying to courses through www.universityadmissions.se can be found in the following document:
If you have any questions regarding Master’s studies at Uppsala University we are always happy to help. You can contact the International Office by sending an email to email@example.com, writing to us on Skype (uppsala.university or uppsala.university2) or through our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/uppsalauniversity).
We hope to hear from you soon!