We welcome Chinese students!

We have over 4,000 international students on campus studying for a PhD, a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree or spending a semester here as exchange students.

In 2018 we had applications from 162 different countries. Since the nationality of our students is not registered in our systems we don’t know how many Chinese students we currently have. However, we do know that in 2018 we had 539 applicants from China for our Master’s programmes. This puts China on the 5th place on that list.

Partners in china

It is perfectly possible to make an application on your own, but if you should want some assistance you are welcome to contact our partners who will be happy to help you:

Index Education Services Ltd.

Index Education Services is part of the Sower International Education & Tech Group. They have offices all over China and can assist you when applying to one of our Master's or Bachelor's programmes. Find the Index Education Services office that is closest to you or call/email their Admissions support:


StudyAdviser have offices all over China and can assist you when applying to one of our Master’s or Bachelor’s programmes. Find the StudyAdviser office that is closest to you or call/email their Admissions support:

Uppsala University China Alumni Chapter

Uppsala University China Alumni Chapter members are alumni, researchers, former employees, honorary doctors and supporters of the University, currently or permanently residing in China. It is free to be a part of the alumni chapter. The chapter organises activities for UU Alumni working or living in China.

Entry requirements into Master’s programmes for Chinese students

The general requirement for entry into Master’s programmes ia a 4 year Bachelor’s degree.

Self-study examinations
For entry to a Master's programme, the minimum requirement is 20–25 courses/examinations in core courses related to the major subject, and a thesis.

If an applicant completed a 4-year programme in a shorter time, for example, after 3 years, they must submit an official document from their university which indicates this and also explains why one or two semesters are missing from their transcript.

Applicants in their final year at an independent college will not satisfy the entry requirements for a Master's programme.

English requirements

The normal rules of TOEFL/IELTS or other internationally recognised test apply. See the University Admissions website.

Please note that TOEFL scores must be sent directly from Education Testing Service to University Admissions in Sweden.


  • Bachelor Degree Certificate (unless applicant is in their final year of studies, see final point)
  • Certificate of Graduation (unless applicant is in their final year of studies, see final point)
  • Transcripts for each year of studies
  • All documents should be in Chinese, and in officially certified translations
  • Applicants in their final year of Bachelor’s studies must provide a document stating that they are likely to be awarded the degree by the start of the Master’s programme. This document must be issued through, and certified by, a member of the Academic Registrar’s Office, the Examinations Office, or the equivalent department at the applicants institution. Certification from other staff members, such as faculty or college staff members, will not be accepted.

Make sure you read carefully through the country-specific information for China on www.universityadmissions.se: