We welcome Colombian students!
We have over 4,000 international students on campus studying for a PhD, a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree or spending a semester here as exchange students.
In 2016 we had applications from 163 different countries. Since the nationality of our students is not registered in our systems we don’t know how many Colombian students we currently have. However, we do know that in 2016 we had 56 applicants from Colombia for our Master’s programmes.
Partners in Colombia
It is perfectly possible to make an application on your own but if you should want some assistance you are welcome to contact our partner who will be happy to help you:
Instituto Nordico have an office in Colombia and can assist you when applying to one of our Master’s or Bachelor’s programmes. Find our more about their services on their website or call/email their Admissions support:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel.: +57 1 607 4470
Entry requirements into Master's programmes for Colombian students
The general requirement for entry into Master’s programmes is a 4 year Titulo (…), Titulo profesional, Diploma titulo de (…..) and Licenciado.
- Diploma from Instituciones universitarias must be 5-year
- Técnico Profesional or Tecnologo does not fulfil the requirements
- Egreduado does not fulfil the requirements since this title only means that the actual course work is completed. Thesis, practical work, internships etc. might be remaining.
The normal rules of TOEFL/IELTS and other internationally recognised test apply. See University Admission's website for more details on internationally recognised tests.
Please note that TOEFL results must be sent directly from Education Testing Service to University Admissions.
Students from Colombia must either send in:
- Notarized copies of original diploma and transcript of records
- Translation of diploma and transcript of records
- Scans (pdf) of original diploma and transcript of records
- Scans (pdf) of translations of diploma and transcript of records
Make sure you read carefully through the country-specific information for Columbia given on www.universityadmissions.se: