We welcome Indian students!
We have over 4,000 international students on campus studying for a PhD, a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree or spending a semester here as exchange students.
In 2016 we had applications from 163 different countries. Since the nationality of our students is not registered in our systems we don’t know how many Indian students we currently have. However, we do know that in 2016 we had 467 applicants from India for our Master’s programmes. This puts India on the 5th place on that list.
It is perfectly possible to make an application on your own but if you should want some assistance you are welcome to contact our partners who will be happy to help you:
Europe Study Centre
Europe Study Centre have offices all over India and can assist you when applying to one of our Master’s or Bachelor’s programmes. Find the office that is closest to you or call/email their Admissions support:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel.: +91 484 4026662
Krishna Consultants have offices in Bengaluru, Jammu, Nagpur, Nashik, New Delhi, Pune, Raipur and Vadodara and can assist you when applying to one of our Master’s or Bachelor’s programmes. Find the office that is closest to you on their website or call/email their Admissions support:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel.: +91 712 2222061/62
Entry requirements into Master’s programmes for Indian students
A 4 year bachelor degree is required for entry into Master’s programmes.
- Three year Bachelor’s + a Master’s degree is accepted.
- In some cases, a 3 year Honours/Special degree within Political Science, History, Language and some other subjects are accepted. Contact one of our partners for advice.
- Two year Bachelor’s + Master’s degree might be accepted in some cases. Contact one of our partners for advice.
accepted universities and colleges
We accept students from the following four types of Higher Education Institutions where different rules apply:
Only universities found on the University Grants Commission website are approved.
- Transcripts and diplomas from the university are accepted.
Only Autonomous colleges found on the University Grants Commission website are approved.
- Transcript issued by the Autonomous College is accepted.
- Only diplomas issued by the University the Autonomous College is affiliated with are accepted.
- Transcript and diploma must be issued by the University the College is affiliated with.
Constituent college and university colleges
- Transcript and diploma must be issued by the University.
- Transcript/Consolidated mark sheet etc. from the College are accepted for conditional admission when the student is still in their last year of studies. Diploma and transcript issued by the University has to be provided at the latest when the student starts their Master’s program in Sweden.
Different rules depend on faculty decision. Contact one of our partners or email@example.com for advice.
Generally, Indian students are not required to take TOEFL/IELTS tests. The following criteria will fulfil the English general requirements for students who have their Bachelor's education from India:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree
- 3 year Bachelor’s + 2 year Master’s degree
- A Bachelor’s degree from universities where English is the only language of instruction. Check this on the World Higher Education Database.
- Diploma and transcript of records must be signed by the University (Controller of Examinations, registrar or similar)
- Copies must be notarised by a Notary Public or a University official such as Dean, Head of Department, Attesting Officer, Registrar or similar.
- Notarisation must be done in English.
Make sure you read carefully through the countr-specific information for India on www.universityadmissions.se: