Why Uppsala University?
We care about your future career
Choosing where and what to study is one of the most important decisions you will make in your life. Many factors will influence your choice, such as the quality of education, cost, and student life. Your final decision will depend on your ambitions and future plans.
A Bachelor’s degree from Uppsala University enables you to gain foundation knowledge in a subject area that matches your professional and personal interests. Communication, teamwork and problem-solving skills are an integral element of Bachelor’s studies at Uppsala University, and education takes a real-world and hands-on approach to learning. You will graduate job-ready and in demand, and will also have the option of continuing your education with Master’s studies.
What you can expect
- A non-hierarchical, informal and inclusive study environment
- A highly-ranked, comprehensive university
- Teaching that fosters leadership, creativity and critical-thinking
The best place to be a student
Both Uppsala and Gotland are ideal places to live as a student. In fact, in the 2013 International Student Barometer, where students rate their international education experience, Uppsala University received the highest score amongst all of the 178 universities evaluated when it came to the subject “A good place to be”.
On the island of Gotland, Uppsala University’s campus is located in the World Heritage listed medieval town of Visby. With its pristine beaches, medieval architecture and warm summer months, Gotland is one of Sweden's favourite holiday destinations.
As a student at Campus Gotland, you can enjoy the best of both worlds: a highly ranked, full-scale university and a small campus in a unique learning environment. Student life is characterised by nearness, fellowship and cooperation.
- Sweden is one of the safest countries in the world and the standard of living is high
- English is spoken by 90% of the population, so life in Sweden is international-student friendly
- Sweden is currently ranked as the second most innovative economy in the world by the 2018 Bloomberg Innovation Index